Fonte de Valores, Unipessoal Lda operates with Activity Title No. T2516 and all its articles are legally marked, when applicable.
In accordance with the Legal Regime of Goldsmiths and Contrasts (RJOC), with the wording given by Decree-Law no. 120/2017, of 15 September, an article with precious metal is legally marked when the marks / symbols have been applied:
- Marking of responsibility, fabrication or equIVAlent;
- Marking of the Assay office and puncture mark of the touch.
As expressed in Article 3º of the RJOC:
- «Assay Office marking», a mark that contains the engraving corresponding to the Assay office or the organism of testing and independent engraving that uses it and that corresponds, in general, to a certain metal and legal touch, used to certify the articles with precious metal with legal touches, under the terms and for the purposes in the RJOC;
- «Marking of responsibility, of manufacture or equIVAlent», a mark that contains the engraving with identification of the responsible for placing the article with precious metal on the national market.
LEGAL MARKINGS OF PORTUGUESE ASSAY OFFICE
MARKS FROM OTHER EU OR EEA COUNTRIES
Articles with precious metal from a Member State of the European Union or the European Economic Area may be commercialized in the national market without the need for testing and marking by the Assay Office, as long as they comply with the requirements expressed in Article 11º of RJOC:
- Manufacturing responsibility mark or equIVAlent;
- Contrasting mark and toque mark, when the former does not include the toque;
- Deposit at the Contrastaria of the document proving the registration of the respective responsibility or manufacturing mark or equIVAlent in the country that performed the control and quality assurance;
- Recognition by the Portuguese Quality Institute, through a favorable opinion from the Director of the Contrastaria. You may consult the Portuguese Quality Institute for more information about the entities, the metals and the recognized rings.
The articles coming from a Member State of the European Union or the European Economic Area, placed on the national market, will only be exempt from marking if they meet the exemption requirements of the Portuguese legislation, even if they are exempt from marking by the legislation of the country of origin, so they must be marked at the Portuguese Assay Office, or at the Assay Office of the country of origin, as long as they appear on the above-mentioned list of recognized entities, metals and rings.
The buyer may, in case of doubt about the authenticity of the markings, resort to the services of the Assay Offices for verification purposes;